Salary £45k – £55k Negotiable
Fully Remote or flexible home/Penrith office
Our client is an award winning, rapidly growing tech company based on the edge of the Lake District National Park in Cumbria. It’s the ideal setting to get out, enjoy a walk, be inspired and conceive their next innovative product or solution. They’ve been leading online innovation and specialise in creating cutting-edge web applications and solutions for customers and businesses of all sizes.
• Flexible working hours.
• Christmas bonus and annual bonus based on company performance.
• Death in service life insurance benefit of 8x salary.
• Cigna Health Insurance.
• Generous pension scheme with up to 10% employer pension contribution.
• A modern, custom built office with free parking.
• On site gym and recreational activities including pool and table tennis.
• Free tea, coffee, soft drinks and fresh fruit.
• Exceptional events delivered by our social committee.
Experience working in Agile Scrum would also be beneficial but not necessary.
Duties & responsibilities
• Writing well designed, structured, testable code based upon industry and development best practices
• Maintaining, updating, and continuously developing deployed solutions
• Integrating front-end and backend, API and database systems and services.
• Ensuring the quality of your developed solutions by writing comprehensive automated tests
• Taking the lead in breaking down and estimating larger projects to assist with planning of deliverables, including reporting on progress
• Interpreting and working with designers to realise and transform prototypes into solutions
• Defining code deployment processes within the development team
• Creating and maintaining software documentation
• Being aware of emerging new technologies
• Taking part in and fully adopting the Agile methodology
• Mentoring team members
• Architecting of solutions and modelling best practices
• Ensuring development stability and identifying weaknesses within production ready solutions
• Maintaining the standard of the code within the team (code review, audit, structure, linting, testing quality)
• Maintaining a relationship with internal and external stakeholders
• Solid understanding of security and development best practices
• Experience of optimising databases at scale
• Ability to diagnose and identify problems, and creatively solve them
• Excellent communication skills
• Flexible and adaptable
• Driven by delivery – can self-manage workload and continually meet agreed deadlines
• Multi-tasking – can manage several concurrent projects and prioritise demands
• Solid people skills
• Thrives on change, showing an impressive ability to drive Agile Operational Strategy forward.
• Ability to understand how a solution impacts the wider business
• Understanding of DevOps processes and infrastructure
• Ability to apply best practices in design and software patterns
To be successful in this role you’ll need to be highly motivated to work autonomously within a growing team. Commercial experience would be highly valued and passion and an ability to quickly adapt to new technologies is a must. Candidates must be prepared to be challenged and take the initiative. A degree of self-learning will be expected; however, support and training will be provided where needed.
Please do not apply unless you are already eligible to work in the UK. We do not respond to applicants who do not meet this criteria.
Sharpe Recruitment Ltd is a North East based consultancy, dedicated to placing professionals in rewarding jobs throughout the UK across a variety of disciplines including Tech, IT, Software Development, Design and Marketing.