QA Manager, Test Team Leader, strategic quality agenda, leadership of a Software Testing Team, Stakeholder engagement, Conducting retrospectives with the Testing and Project Management team
Test Team Leader / QA Manager
Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary negotiable depending on experience
We are proud to be working with one of the fastest growing tech companies in our region, ZeroLight, who have just moved to state of the art new offices on the Newcastle Quayside and through continued success are looking to grow their Quality Assurance team. Zerolight live by four key values – innovation, quality first, collaboration and market focus. The QA Manager will take responsibility for the implementation of one of these values, both setting and driving the quality agenda across the company and its products.
This is a senior role which will oversee the software testing function across multiple client and internal projects, not only ensuring consistently high levels of provision and functionality but also continual brand uniformity.
This is an exciting new QA Manager position for an experienced and dynamic individual with a passion for ensuring that our customers receive the very best experience possible.
The QA Manager Role:
• Establishing and delivering the strategic quality agenda for ZeroLight and its customers.
• Leadership of a Software Testing Team assigned to multiple projects often with differing and challenging testing requirements.
• Stakeholder engagement at a senior level across all client and internal projects, able to feed in to senior team on progress of each project from inception to completion.
• Conducting retrospectives with the Testing and Project Management teams in order to make suitable recommendations for improvements to current processes.
• Acting as a central conduit for knowledge sharing across projects to ensure consistency of delivery to all customers and maximising opportunities for cross-productisation.
• Building and motivating a strong team of QA Talent.
• Ensuring brand awareness across Testing and other Dev Teams.
• Liaising with key clients and partners which will include regular travel opportunities.
The QA Manager we are looking for:
• QA Manager with experience managing multiple full cycle projects and leading a team of testers.
• Demonstrable technical expertise in testing particularly on web based products across multiple platforms.
• Confident communicator who is able to present project progress at regular senior team meetings and liaise effectively across multi-disciplinary teams to ensure a consistent approach to all products.
• Able to set the quality schedule including the creation of test plans and developing a program of regular review to ensure compliance at all levels.
• Strategic mindset with a strong understanding of commercial objectives across the company.
• Passionate advocate for high standards of quality across every level of customer experience.
If you are interested in the advertised position for a QA Manager please ‘Register your interest’ through the requested method and we will be in touch shortly with regards to your suitability for the role. As we are working exclusively with Zerolight in this region they will not accept direct applications.
Sharpe Recruitment Ltd is a North East based consultancy, dedicated to placing professionals in rewarding jobs throughout the North of England across a variety of disciplines including Digital Media, Design, Development, Creative Advertising, Sales & Marketing, Tech & IT.